- The currency in Jordan is the Jordanian Dinar (JOD). Notes are in denominations of JD1, 5, 10, 20 and 50.
- Coins are in denominations of 50,100, 250 and 500 fils (or half Dinar). The value of the coins is written in English, the numerals are in Arabic only. Finding change in some places can be a problem, so try to change larger notes as often as you can in restaurants and when paying hotel bills.
- With regards to credit cards, most places of business in the capital Amman and Aqaba accept major credit cards and there are plenty of ATM’s, except in smaller towns and villages. There are no local charges on credit card cash advances, but the maximum daily withdrawal is JD500. VISA is the most widely accepted card along with MasterCard.
Jordan is two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time, Daylight Savings Time occurs between April and October.
Please check the trip notes of each individual holiday package which contains full details and the gear list for that particular package.
You will be required to pay a Departure Tax of JOD5 upon leaving Jordan
All our tour leaders are Jordanian locals who have extensive knowledge of the local communities and terrain of the areas you will be visiting. We also make sure that they are properly trained in any specialized activities they may administer i.e. hiking, cycling etc. Your tour leader will also be in a position to provide information on the places you visit, recommend things to do and where to eat.
- Yes, most nationalities are able to obtain a single-entry visa at the airport or port in Aqaba, valid for 14 days and costing JOD10.
- Although entrance visas are obtainable at the airport for visitors arriving by airplane, those arriving by land must get a visa prior to arrival. These are obtainable from any Jordanian diplomatic mission abroad, where they generally take a day to be received. Visas cannot be obtained at Jordan's land border crossings
- Please make sure to consult your nearest Jordanian embassy for any visa requirements that you may be subject to.
Yes, Travel insurance is compulsory for all our trips. We require that, at a minimum, you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. When travelling on a group trip, you will not be permitted to join the group until evidence of travel insurance and the insurance company's 24 hour emergency contact number has been seen by your leader. If you have credit card insurance your tour leader will require proof of purchase of the trip (a receipt of credit card statement) with a credit card in your name. Contact your bank for details of their participating insurer, the level of coverage and emergency contact telephone number.
Depending on the package you choose: guesthouses/hotels, campsites and other basic accommodations. However please refer to the trip notes of each particular package for more accurate accommodation details.
Jordan’s electricity supply is 220V, 50AC. Jordan's electricity supply is 220 volts/50 cycles. Sockets are generally of the two-pronged European variety. While a variety of other sockets and plugs—especially the 13 amp square three-pinned plug—are in use. To be safe, bring a multi-purpose adapter.
Jordan is blessed with moderate temperatures and all four seasons all year round. We don’t offer packages during the few months of winter when it can get quite cold and wet but the rest of the year we are open for business
Yes! Terhaal offers this service at a good rate - cheaper than taking a taxi - all you need to do is include that you would like an airport pick-up whilst completing the booking form, or you can just send your request via firstname.lastname@example.org after you get your flight details.
Each trip has a meeting point; check the meeting point instructions in your trip notes.
No, all prices published here are land only prices. We’ll leave you the task of arranging your own flight plan.
Jordan’s capital Amman is served by Queen Alia International Airport which operates daily flights, from and to, all the major cities of Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East. If your city does not have direct flights to Amman it should be relatively easy to organize your flight plan through your local travel agent.
Certainly! Terhaal was founded on the principle of sustainable, environmentally friendly and responsible tourism. We make every effort during each and every trip to have minimal impact on the environment and to engage and benefit local communities in areas that we visit. In some locations where suffer from littering we even encourage our guests to join us in small-scale clean-up campaigns as we pass through. On trips which include stays in Wadi Rum you will be shown around by and experience the authentic Bedouin hospitality of our local partner Salem and his extended family.
Fostering cultural interaction and exchanges between our foreign guests and local Jordanians is something we make every effort to encourage, knowing that it enhances the holiday experience for our guests as well as expose Jordanians to different cultures and viewpoints from around the world.
Everything is negotiable and our reservation team (email@example.com) will be glad to assist you. Again, keep in mind that the bigger your group is, the more reasonable the price will be for everybody.
We’ll be more than happy to assist you and design your trip with you step by step and give you a good offer. All you have to do is send your request to our reservation team at firstname.lastname@example.org and keep in mind that the bigger your group is the more likely we can customize a trip specifically for you and the more reasonable the price will be for everybody.
All you have to do is send an email to email@example.com explaining your situation and suggest dates that can be good for your group, we will then process your request and check our calendar to see if we can open a trip on one of your requested dates. Remember that the bigger your group is, the more likely we can accommodate your requests (maximum group size is 12 persons).